One cure, One vision, Once. For everyone.
Our vision is the eradication of blindness through research and clinical service.
- To prevent and control blinding diseases, especially diabetic retinopathy
- Conducting research that seeks to provide new understanding and improved treatment for the causes of blindness, particularly retinal blindness;
- Providing specialist ophthalmology and optometry services and education of local practitioners in international development settings, especially where access to care is limited by physical barriers;
- Promoting effective public awareness and health intervention to treat and prevent blindness, particularly in Australia and the Asia Pacific region;
- Promoting, developing and improving low vision and visual rehabilitation services both in the first world and in international development settings;
- Promoting and raising funds within the community for research pertaining to blinding diseases and the treatment of ophthalmic disorders in under-resourced settings;
- Promoting and advocating for the health, rights and needs of people who are suffering from blindness or blinding diseases and their carers;
- Doing all such other things as are incidental or conducive to the operation of the Company and otherwise for the attainment of all or any of the above objects of the Company.